It's time for episode 27 of our podcast, the Small Business Sessions. A very special session this week as it was recorded live on stage at Enterprise Nation's Festival of Female Entrepreneurs last month.
After spotting a gap in the market for a website catering for woman over 40, Deborah Garlick co-founded Henpicked with some friends to cater for the things that they wanted to see talked about online.
With no formal editorial team involved, the site features stories written by real woman about happiness, health and wealth.
In this session, Deborah discusses how she has grown the online community and how a tweet about menopause went viral!
To ensure you don't miss out on the podcast, subscribe on iTunes.
Other episodes of the Small Business Sessions:
- Episode one: Colin from The Podcast Host
- Episode two: 'If success was easy, everyone would be doing it'
- Episode three: A sleep deprived mum's business born from exhaustion
- Episode four: The accidental language entrepreneur
- Episode five: Connecting people and watching the magic happen
- Episode six: A fashion brand inspired by holiday snaps
- Episode seven: Believe in yourself and keep on learning
- Episode eight: From garden shed to Dragons' Den and a £10m valuation
- Episode nine: Taking on the soggy tea bag entrepreneur style!
- Episode 10: The designer breathing new life in to UK knitwear
- Episode 11: The corporate lawyer turned fragrance maker
- Episode 12: When dating met charity, the perfect business relationship
- Episode 13: A start-up helping us make better decisions together
- Episode 14: The coffee fiend who founded a healthy tea company
- Episode 15: The brothers running England's oldest family jewellers
- Episode 16: The Enterprise Nation member who's helping to save lives
- Episode 17: Making smells for a living
- Episode 18: An entrepreneur who overcame fear and hit the headlines
- Episode 19: The jeweller going for gold
- Episode 20: That's magic!
- Episode 21: A BAFTA nominated Enterprise Nation member with grand designs
- Episode 22: The app helping London's great statues come alive
- Episode 23: From university to Downing Street and the Sunday Times
- Episode 24: The entrepreneur beating cancer and helping other survivors with her skincare brand
- Episode 25: The inspiration behind Enterprise Nation's Female Start-up of the Year
- Episode 26: The ethical baby food brand on a mission to give back