Posted: Thu 25th Jul 2013
The Awards, in their second year, are aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises in all sectors and consist of six categories that shine a spotlight on dynamic and hardworking businesses. One business will also be named the overall HP Smart Business of the Year 2013.
Enterprise Nation is sponsoring the Skills Creation Award, which honours small businesses that have made a significant contribution to creating and improving skills in the workplace. Enterprise Nation founder Emma Jones will also be sitting on the judging panel, alongside other business leaders and experts from HP and the sponsors, along with last year's overall winner, Patrick Drake of Hello Fresh. The award categories In total, there are six awards to be won:
- Community (sponsored by Business in the Community): honouring the small businesses that have become an integral part of their local community by creating a significant, positive difference to their economy or cultural life.Â
- Next generation:Â celebrating business owners aged 25 or under on 30th August 2013, who have demonstrated significant individual leadership and drive to create a thriving business.
- Skills creation (sponsored by Enterprise Nation): honouring the small businesses that have made a significant contribution in terms of skills creation.
- Business growth: honouring the small businesses that have achieved the most economic impact in the last 12 months.Â
- Innovation (sponsored by DTP Group): recognising the small businesses that have been most innovative in the way they develop and deliver their products or services to customers.Â
- Social media (sponsored by LinkedIn): celebrating the small businesses that have demonstrated the best use of social media to promote their brand, products or services.
- HP Smart Business of the Year 2013:Â awarded to the business that in the judges' opinion has made the most significant impact over the last 12 months and exemplifies what it means to be a smart business.
Award winners will be announced at a glitzy ceremony at the Serpentine Gallery in London in October 2013. Category winners will receive:
an HP product of their choice to match their business needs
further prizes contributed by category sponsors
rights to use the award logo.
The winner of the overall HP Smart Business of the Year 2013 will win:
a suite of HP products, including free HP Cloud Services
a dedicated business mentor from HP's senior management team for a year.
Winners in 2012 were based across the UK, from London to Aberdeen, and represented a diverse range of business types, from an online grocery delivery service to an eco-friendly hair salon and the use of innovative metal alloys in manufacturing.
If you think you deserve recognition in one or more of the award categories, you'll need to enter by 30th August for your chance to win. It's easy to enter - and you can enter as many categories as you wish. Just visit the HP Smart Business Awards page and fill out the online form. You'll need to give a short explanation of why you deserve to be considered a winner and you can upload supporting documents to go with your summary.
Take the first step to successfully starting and growing your business.