Non-profit groups or organisations based in Uttlesford, including any town or parish council within the district, can apply for funding for new projects which will deliver carbon emission reduction, community engagement in climate change, or ecological enhancement in your community.
Projects might include:
- community buildings – for example, energy conservation or efficiency measures
- sustainable transport – for example, community cycle parking or electric vehicle charging points
- nature and biodiversity projects – this could include community allotment projects, or the restoration, creation or enhancement of a community nature area
- other projects – such as waste reduction projects, or community initiatives that promote sustainable lifestyle choices
- energy surveys – if you are not able to deliver a carbon reduction project you can carry out an energy survey of your community building or buildings in order to identify energy efficiency measures
Who can apply
You can apply for a Zero Carbon Communities Grant if you are a:
- parish or town council within the Uttlesford district
- formally constituted community group or community interest company working within the Uttlesford district
- 'not for profit' group that is not formally constituted but is supported by a constituted mainstream service, town or parish council or community group willing to administer funds through an organisational bank account
How much you can apply for
You can apply for a minimum of £1,000 and up to £35,000 per project.
Find out more