Posted: Fri 12th Mar 2021
Do you need support with your business but don't know where to start? Knowing how a business adviser can benefit your business can really help.
In a super-insightful Lunch and Learn session, Joanna Drinkwater, chartered accountant and Enterprise Nation adviser, shared 10 things a qualified business adviser can help with to ensure your business not only survives but thrives:
1. Create a business plan to drive your strategy: This will help you focus on your future, not on your past.
2. Key performance indicators: Help you understand your key drivers for success.
3. Gross margin rate: Help you understand what discounting does to your profits and how to control your gross margin rate.
4. Cashflow: Help manage your risk, cashflow and working capital requirements.
5. Manage costs and savings: Help you manage costs and identify areas for savings.
6. Customer value: Understand customer value and where there is 'customer risk'.
7. Forecasting: Use your current data to produce a plan of where your business will be in terms of sales, profit and the future value of your business.
8. Key business drivers: Track your key business drivers to continually make improvements.
9. Existing client sales: Identify opportunities to increase sales to existing clients.
10. Working capital, funding and grants: Discover where you can access this financial support.
Want to find out more? Check out the full Lunch and Learn: 10 ways a qualified business adviser can help your small business.
Find a qualified business adviser on Enterprise Nation and book your free one-hour discovery call. We have business advisers that can help across various industries in topics covering: digital, export, accounting, finance, legal, marketing, manufacturing, people, sales, spaces, wellbeing and planning.