At Optimal, we understand that all employers face a multitude of legal risk when dealing with its employees, and that from time-to-time it may be necessary to seek legal assistance to ensure that this risk is addressed and minimised.
Our in-house legal team has a wealth of experience in dealing with all aspects of employment law and the practical application of legal principles in the day-to-day operation of organisations of all sizes and in both the private and public sectors.
We aim to provide;
1. A friendly and approachable service;
2. Accessible, comprehensible and jargon-free advice;
3. Practical and workable solutions to problems;
4. Swift response times
Our in-house legal team is available to offer support, guidance and advice to employers in the following areas;
1. Drafting of contracts of employment and senior Service Agreements;
2. Implementation of internal policies and procedures;
3. Handling complex disciplinary or grievance cases;
4. Dealing with sensitive or substantial discrimination allegations;
5. Whistleblowing issues;
6. Maternity, paternity and other family friendly rights;
7. Flexible Working requests;
8. Business transfers, mergers and acquisitions;
9. Implementing large-scale redundancy programmes;
10. Wide-ranging business restructures and reorganisations;
11. Negotiating exit packages for senior staff;
12. Drafting Settlement Agreements.
Optimal can also provide expert legal representation for businesses in the defence of Employment Tribunal claims, covering matters such as;
1. Unfair dismissal claims;
2. Constructive dismissal claims;
3. Discrimination claims;
4. Whistleblowing claims;
5. Equal Pay claims;
6. Claims for Redundancy payments;
7. Holiday pay claims;
8. Deductions from wages claims
We recognise that employers may be fearful of potential legal costs. At Optimal we strive to ensure that our clients have a range of options to manage their incidence of legal fees, and that they receive true value for money.