The West Midlands Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) Grant Programme (WMGP) has launched and funding round 11 is now open.
To be considered for this grant, you must submit your application form before 7 February 2024. Funding round 12 will open on 12 February 2024.
This grant is for:
- start-up SMEs based in the West Midlands region (grants of £2,500 to £7,500 are available for Birmingham Cannock Chase and Solihull-based businesses only)
- existing SMEs based in the West Midlands region (grants of £5,000 to £100,000 are available for Birmingham, Cannock Chase, Solihull, and Shropshire-based businesses)
We expect most applications to apply for an average grant of between £10,000 to £20,000, and only in exceptional circumstances will grants of up to £100,000 be awarded. This is to make sure that the limited WMGP budget is given to as many businesses as possible.
Businesses from all sectors* are eligible for consideration, except for:
- those of a political or religious persuasion
- activities involving pornography or clairvoyance
- any business activity that is illegal or deemed unsuitable for public support by the Birmingham City Council
Training and skills development are also ineligible because provisions for these activities will be supported through different funding routes.
*Retail businesses based in Solihull MBC are ineligible for consideration.
Business projects can be considered for:
- new business start-ups (for Birmingham, Cannock Chase and Solihull-based businesses only)
- expanding and growing existing businesses
- inward investment
- developing new market opportunities
- innovation, including new product development
- capital investment
- an increase in the productive capacity of new and existing premises through new property builds, refurbishment and extensions
- digital projects
- a one-off £2,000 apprenticeship grant (for Cannock Chase-based businesses only)
- For Birmingham, Solihull MBC and Shropshire-based businesses, this is a capital-only grant programme
- For Cannock Chase-based businesses, both capital and revenue expenditure are eligible for consideration