Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £4 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to encourage the development and adoption of flexible, agile, scalable and sustainable technologies (FASST) across the supply chain for the development and manufacture of medicines. The Grand Challenge will establish a consortium to develop technologies that are expected to support enhanced manufacturing processes, with significant and measurable improvements to the speed and efficiency of pharmaceutical processes across the supply chain.
This should lead to shorter development timelines, reduced time-to-market for new products and increase patient access to medicines.
Your proposal must deliver the following benefits:
- drive economic recovery and levelling up by supporting job creation, skills development, and inward investment in medicines manufacturing
- drive health security and patient benefit, demonstrating improved productivity and reduced time to market
- de-risk the use of transformative flexible, agile, scalable and sustainable technologies in medicines manufacturing
- address net zero and sustainability goals and improve resource and energy efficiency
- support equality, diversity and inclusion via project initiatives and project outcomes
Learn more about the eligibility conditions for the competition.