If you are an independent retail, hospitality, leisure or creative business wishing to start up, expand within or relocate to Sunderland city centre then Sunderland City Council want to hear from you.
Delivered by the Council’s business investment team, this programme is available for eligible independent SME businesses.
Is your business eligible for funding?
Your business must be:
- A small- to medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- An independent business
- Engaged in one or more of the following sectors – retail, hospitality and leisure or creative, software and digital
- Based in commercial premises in Sunderland city centre or looking to set up or relocate to the city centre
Is your project eligible for funding?
- Significantly contribute to the overall economic regeneration and growth of the city centre
- Offer a new service/product/experience not already available in the city centre
- Increase employment within the city centre
Eligible costs include:
- Refurbishment/fit out of premises
- Capital equipment
- Signage/shop front/shutter improvement
Please note, grant offers will be linked to relevant project costs and new onsite job creation and are subject to terms and conditions.