The business productivity service provides a route to fully understanding and unlocking enhanced productivity improvements in your business through access to fully funded consultancy support. Your support will be managed by a productivity manager and industry-leading productivity experts from Leeds Beckett University.
The proven process will enable you to:
- Benchmark the productivity performance of your business
- Identify measurable improvements
- Produce a productivity improvement plan
- Drive productivity and profitability
Grant support of between £5,000 and £50,000 is available to selected businesses where the advisory element of the project has identified a need to invest in new technologies and/or equipment that will accelerate productivity improvements.
In order to access financial support, you will first need to have been in receipt of advisory support.
Your business must:
- Have between five and 100 employees
- Be based, or looking to locate, in West Yorkshire (Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds or Wakefield)
- Have been established for at least 12 months and operate from commercial premises
- Generate the majority of turnover from trading with other businesses
- In respect of the grant element only have access to match funding to invest alongside the grant. Please note that the minimum grant is £5,000 at an intervention rate of 25%, therefore minimum total project costs are £20,000 and you must have at least £3 of funding available to invest for every £1 of grant awarded.
Your project must:
- Demonstrate, how with advisory intervention, it will lead to productivity improvements within your business
- Consist of capital investment in new technologies/equipment, or land/premises to achieve meaningful improvements in productivity and growth
- Create one job paying above the Real Living Wage for every £15,000 of grant received, and/ or upskill existing employees through accredited training for every £5,000 of grant received. In terms of the latter, eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis.