Workwhile is delivering East London's shared apprenticeship programme, an exciting place-based collaboration between employers operating on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park's East Bank and local small businesses.
The programme is aiming to empower 200 local employers through access to free workforce development, training and financial support to become more productive, resilient and inclusive.
SME support available through the programme includes:
- Access to funding to cover the full training and assessment costs of apprenticeships, via levy transfer from our generous network of large employer partners
- A free workforce planning session to identify employer skills gaps and recommend where apprenticeships can meet employers' needs and build capacity and workforce resilience
- Help employers navigate the apprenticeship system, providing bespoke, step-by-step support, from getting set up on the digital apprenticeship service portal to selecting a training provider that best meets business needs
- A good work and health check consultation for employers to create conditions for success, with recommendations for best practices around inclusivity, employee wellbeing and working conditions
- Ongoing support, guidance, and advice on how to improve retention, inclusive recruitment, wellbeing, working conditions and more
- Training and networking opportunities for apprentices' line managers, supporting them to develop outstanding practice in their roles
- Professional development training and networking sessions for apprentices to build confidence and effectiveness
This programme is open to residents and entrepreneurs in the boroughs of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.