The Manufacturing Growth Programme provides free advice and support funding to SMEs in the manufacturing sector.
The Manufacturing Growth Programme can help:
- Identify opportunities and create plans for growth and improvement
- Work with the best external experts to implement those plans
- Cover 35% of the cost of implementing the plans through a growth/improvement grant
- Connect to wider support to maximise opportunities for growth
What the Manufacturing Growth Programme means for business
The Manufacturing Growth programme will provide:
- An independent business review to identify opportunities for business improvement and growth
- A detailed action plan guiding you through the process of improving your business
- Access to matched industry experts to provide consultancy and/or coaching tailored to your needs
- Access to grants to co-fund your growth/improvement project
How much grant funding is available and what can it be used for?
The grant is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support the costs of working with an external expert/coach of your choice to implement a pre-agreed growth/improvement action plan.
An average project value of £4,000 of support would attract a 35% grant contribution (minimum grant applications accepted: £350). Larger grants may be considered for exceptional cases (subject to panel approval) for projects demonstrating significant job/new product growth.
The scope of the growth/improvement plan will be specific to each applicant's growth needs and will be agreed upon in advance with our Manufacturing Growth Manager.
Typically it will cover:
- Expert consulting/coaching input - to analyse, recommend and support the implementation of a growth/improvement plan.
- Associated other expenditures specifically related to achieving a growth/improvement objective (e.g. small equipment, preparation for accreditation costs etc.)
Grant-supported growth/improvement projects must be completed, paid and claimed for within four months of grant confirmation.
Does my business qualify?
For the purposes of the programme, a manufacturer is defined as 'a business that engages in any economic activity directly related to a product or production process they have researched, designed or produced, or otherwise hold core intellectual property in'.
Who can apply?
- SMEs that employ fewer than 250 employees
- SMEs must turnover less than or equal to €50 million OR a balance sheet total less than or equal to €43 million
- Able to demonstrate the intention to grow/improve - (through the creation of increased turnover, increased jobs and/or introduction of new products/services/processes)
Businesses operating mainly in the following sectors are unfortunately not eligible:
- fishery and aquaculture
- primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
- coal, steel and shipbuilding
- synthetic fibres
For further information and enquiries