The Business Growth Grant is offered by the AD:VENTURE Programme.
The grant, available between £1,500 and £10,000, is awarded to support young businesses, up to three years old, on their growth journey. It will cover up to 50% of total project costs and requires businesses to provide a minimum of 50% of match funding.
- Be located in, and trade from, an address within West Yorkshire, this covers the local authority districts of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, and Wakefield
- Be a small- or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- Have fewer than 250 full-time equivalent employees
- Have an annual turnover of less than €50 million (around £43 million)
- Have received less than €310,000 in state aid over the last three financial years. State aid is funding from any national or local public sector organisation or programme
- Have a business bank account
- Be able to demonstrate that the business is viable with high growth potential, through a business plan or overview, cash flow forecast and end-of-year accounts or other appropriate document
- Be registered and accepted onto the AD:VENTURE Programme
What can the grant be used for?
The grant can be used to fund costs that support growth and job creation in your business.
- Tools and production equipment
- Developing initial marketing collateral
- Website development and design
- IT equipment and office furniture
You can discuss with your business manager if the items you wish to purchase do not appear in the above list.
What the grant cannot be used for?
The grant cannot be used to fund the ongoing running costs of your business or anything that is a statutory requirement.
- Stock or working capital
- Ongoing marketing costs
- Rent, rates, staff salaries
- Data protection regulation
- Health and safety implementation
- Delivery or shipping costs