Ideas that Change Lives is a partnership between Leeds City Council and Leeds Community Foundation. The programme offers business guidance and grants to help organisations to develop socially enterprising ideas which support people in Leeds with care and support needs to improve their health, wellbeing and remain independent.
- For development grants you'll need to submit a cash-flow projection and a business plan with your application; or, if not available, you'll need to outline when you'll be developing them
- We can only consider one application per organisation.
- People who this grant can support:
- Older people
- People with a learning disability, physical disability or sensory impairment
- People with mental health needs
- People with alcohol or substance issues
- People with long-term health conditions
- Young people with support needs in transition between children and adult services
- Other groups of vulnerable adults with support needs
Examples of activity that can be funded
Alternatives to traditional day care and support services:
- Brokerage, supporting people with care needs to manage their personal budget and/or access the services which meet their needs
- Activities to promote health and wellbeing
- Employment-related opportunities
- Feasibility studies, carrying out research or pilot projects (kickstart grants only)
- Any other activities that enable people in Leeds with care and support needs to remain independent
- Sustainable trading services (development grants only)
To apply, you must contact Louanne Roberts at SEE Ahead (email Louanne.Roberts@seeahead.co.uk) to discuss your proposal and make sure your application is submitted to the panel for consideration.
Accounts or a record of income and expenditure for your organisation. (If you're a new organisation, you'll need to provide a bank statement and a project budget.)