Braintree District Council is offering free, bespoke business mentoring support to small businesses through Locase.
Locase will carry out the mentoring at your business premises. It will provide six, two-hour sessions, either one-to-one or one-to-many.
- Has been hand-picked by Essex County Council and the Locase team
- Runs their own company and has extensive private sector experience
Mentors can provide support in:
- Brand management
- Business strategy
- Design engineering
- Financial management
- Human resources including family businesses and succession
- International trade
- Intellectual property
- Marketing, communication and media training
- New product innovation
- Public relations
- Service design
- Strategic planning
You can apply for the mentoring scheme if you are a small or medium enterprise that:
- Has up to 250 full-time equivalent employees
- Has an annual turnover of £44 million or less
- Has an annual balance sheet of £38 million or less
- Has not received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years
- Have your registered office and operate in Kent, Essex, or East Sussex
If another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, it must meet the same criteria.