We're delighted to announce that after a successful launch in 2017, Enterprise Nation's Student Start-up of the Year competition has returned with a £2,500 cash prize up for grabs.
More young people than ever are considering self-employment over employment. Why? Because it's now perfectly possible for anyone to start and grow a successful business!
The competition, supported by the Enterprise Trust, provides young people and recent graduates with the opportunity to win a host of prizes including a £2,500 cash investment to help you and your business idea flourish and grow.
- £2,500 cash investment
- Free office space for 12 months with The Office Group
- One year free Enterprise Nation membership and business support
- A month's free supply of Propercorn popcorn
- Profile on the Enterprise Nation blog and social media
- 25 February: Applications close at 23:59:59
- 26 February: 10 finalists announced
- 9 March: Pitching takes place and final five are chosen
- 14 March: Final five announced and public voting opens
- 25 March: Public voting closes
- 26 March: Votes counted and the winner announced
Terms and conditions:
- Entries must be from individuals based within the UK
- All information submitted in your entry will be shared with the judging panel
- All questions within the application form must be answered and submitted by 23:59:59 on 25 Feb 2018
- All applicants must be enrolled in some form of at least part-time education or left education in the previous 24 months as of 25 Feb 2018
- Entrants must have an idea for a business that is not yet trading or be running a business that has been trading for no more than 24 months
- Got questions? Email Lorna Bladen at email@example.com for support
Enterprise Trust is also supporting a series of free workshops in Birmingham and London aimed at young people interested in starting a business.
2017 Student Start-up of the Year competition:
In 2017, students and graduates at more than 50 educational institutions from across Britain entered Enterprise Nation's Student Start-up of the Year competition.
From the entries, 10 were shortlisted to pitch at Microsoft HQ in London. After an afternoon of impressive presentations, our expert judges shortlisted five to win the top prize. After a public vote, we declared ThinAir the winner!
The 2017 finalists were:
- Ability Access
- Lara Intimates
- POW LONDON